CANopen Architect Standard
The capabilities of CANopen® nodes are described by Electronic Datasheets (EDS) files. When CANopen® modules are sold or made available to third parties these EDS files serve as a standardized and easy to use format for describing how CANopen® nodes can be integrated into networks. They can also serve as an in-house documentation of the node.
Using Embedded Systems Academy's CANopen Architect EDS allows a software developer to quickly and easily generate and edit EDS files. It is possible to built EDS files from scratch or based on one of the versions in the included library. The user interface presents the contents of the EDS file in a tree view, allowing quick and easy editing of any aspect.
CANopen Architect EDS also supports the creation and editing of Device Configuration Files (DCF). DCFs are very similar to EDS files but contain real settings from a specific node. CANopen Architect EDS supports the editing of data that is specific to DCFs. This feature sets it apart from other EDS editors.
The following is a list of features in CANopen Architect EDS. The list is not exhaustive by any means, but does give a good overview of the abilities of CANopen Architect EDS.
- Add, edit and delete entries
- Add a single entry or an entry with multiple subentries in one step
- Automatic generation of subentry zero for entries with more than one subentry
- Specify names for the entry and subentries
- Support for compact subentries
- Can be easily toggled on or off for entries with no subentries
- Cut, copy and paste any data to the window clipboard
- Allows quick copy of data between multiple EDS or DCFs
- Can copy non-entry data, such as device information
- Paste As allows pasting of clipboard data to specific entry indexes, using specific names, allowing duplicates of entries to be quickly created
- Specify file information
- Device information, file information, etc.
- Supports the configuration of device commissioning
- Smart save
- Analyses data and determines if it should be saved as EDS or DCF
- Force save into a specific file format
- Supports third party EDS checkers
- Customizable command line provides flexibility
- Compatible with free EDS checker from CAN in Automation
- Outputs to a window which supports copying to clipboard for use in reports
- EDS checkers inform of warnings or errors in data