Orders placed before 3PM PT usually ship same day.
Find the latest CAN product and industry news right here.
- Special Event: On September 25th and 26th we are hosting a hands-on CAN and PCAN-Explorer Training session at our office on Bainbridge Island. Two PEAK employees will introduce participants to CAN and CAN FD fundamentals before starting actual CAN bus analyzing with the help of their popular PCAN-Explorer 6 software. A fully functional trial version of this software will be provided and various CAN bus nodes will be used during this course. For a more detailed training overview please visit this link. To register for this event click here.
- 04/17/2018: Our partner EmSA has released the CANopen Controller Library, an add-on for the PCAN Interfaces from PEAK-System. The library is used to implement a self-configuring CANopen manager and master, and uses the PCAN Basic API to access the CANbus.
- 04/12/2018 - The sysWORXX CTR-700 Controller from SYS TEC combines an IoT gateway and a controller into one innovative product. The CTR-700 effectively manages high volumes of continuous data, filtering out only what's necessary. Leveraging predictive maintenance and condition monitoring, the data acquisistion process is optimized, bringing significant cost savings.
- 03/21/2018: The PCAN-M.2 from PEAK-System is now available! The PCAN-M.2 is the first CAN FD interface for M.2 (PCIe) slots. It is currently available in single- and dual-channel versions. A 4-channel version is due out later this year.
- 03/20/2018: The PRS-PROFIBUS DP Redundancy Switch from KUNBUS is the ideal solution for a redundant PROFIBUS DP Master system solution that takes over the operation of DP slaves in the event of a system failure.
- 08/25/2017: Kvaser has released their Hybrid 2xCAN/LIN, a flexible dual-channel interface that supports dynamic switching between CANbus and LINbus. The Hybrid is a universal interface for any engineer involved in automotive networking.
- 05/25/2017: The popular automation software, CODESYS by 3S, now supports even more CAN interfaces from PEAK. The PCAN-Ethernet Gateway DR and PCAN-Wireless Gateway DR can now be used with CODESYS applications Gateway and Control Win V3
- 04/18/17: The PCAN-Wireless Gateways (DR) now utilize a Micro Access Point in lieu of the Ad-Hoc networks previously used. This is because Windows and Android operating systems no longer support Ad-Hoc network connections.
- 01/19/2017: Phytools has added the complete line of Kunbus' new Revolution Pi product family. This open, modular and inexpensive industrial PC is based on the established Raspberry Pi Compute Module packaged in a DINrail housing suitable for tough automation applications. Besides the RevPi Core module three different digital I/O modules and 12 communication expansion modules for all common fieldbus and industrial Ethernet protocols are available.
- 11/18/2016: A new 6-channel version of PEAK's PCAN-USB Adapter has just been added to our product line. The PCAN-USB X6 Adapter will initially be available with SUB-D9 connectors with a more robust M12 CAN connector option to follow in Q1 of 2017.
- 08/26/2016: Kvaser has launched a new version of their popular Memorator data logger. The Kvaser Memorator Pro 2xHS V2 supports CAN FD with up to 8 MBit/s data transmission speed and a larger SD card with up to 64GB storage capacity.
- 08/24/2016: Phytools starts selling the Kunbus NetTEST II, a handheld diagnostics tool for PROFIBUS DP. This product was previously sold by Comsoft.
- 08/11/2016: With the acquisition of Comsoft - ICP, Kunbus GmbH (Germany) has added a number of PC insert cards for both Profibus and Profinet to its portfolio. Phytools now sells the Kunbus DF PROFI II cards for CompactPC, PCI bus as well as PCIexpress connectivity. For customers needing a PN IO controller and/or as PROFINET IO device the Kunbus DF PROFINET IO board with either PCI or CompactPCI connection are available.
- 06/09/2016: Today marks the official release of the new CAN FD-capable PCAN-Explorer 6 which also offers a playback function for trace files.
- 05/20/2016: Emtas (Germany) and Phytools have entered a distribution partnership offering their full line of CAN protocol design and development software to customers in North America. Highlight is their full J1939 protocol stack assisting J1939 application engineers with fast and straight-forward development.For users of the EtherCAT technology we offer their EtherCAT Slave Framework software, the DeviceDesigner and DeviceExplorer.
- 05/03/2016: PEAK just released their new PCAN-PCI Express FD card with single or dual CAN/CAN FD channels. Phytools will have this new product in stock and ready to sell as of May 23, 2016.
- 04/22/2016: Phytools has added the full range of Internet of Things products made by Round Solutions (Germany) to our product portfolio including the innovative modular PingPong QuickStart platform with various extension cards.
- 03/16/2016: Phytools is now accepting PayPal Express Checkout and payments.
- 03/01/2016: Effective March 1, 2016, the popular PCAN-USB Adapters will have a new lower price. The manufacturer has dropped our price on select PC-to-CAN interface products, and Phytools is passing the savings on to you, our valued customer. The standard PCAN-USB Adapter (IPEH-002021) now sells for $225 down from $255. The optically isolated PCAN-USB Adapter (IPEH-002022) now sells for $275, down from $325. Additional price reductions are for PCAN-PCIexpress and PCAN-PCI cards.
- 11/19/1015: PEAK releases the new PCAN-Router FD featuring two CAN channels in support of the new CAN FD standard in addition to the conventional CAN 2.0 specification. The module behavior and the data exchange between the two channels are freely programmable. Thus, for example, a conversion of CAN to CAN FD and vice versa is possible and new CAN FD applications can be integrated into existing CAN 2.0 networks.
- 11/04/1015: PEAK has released a new PCAN-PassThru API. The international standard SAE J2534 (Pass-Thru) defines the communication interface between electronic control units and computer software being used for programming and diagnostics.
With the programming interface PCAN-PassThru API, we publish an implementation of this standard for Windows. Once installed, applications that are based on Pass-Thru can be employed with PC CAN interfaces from PEAK-System.
PCAN-PassThru is supplied with each PEAK CAN adapter and can be downloaded free of charge from here.
- 08/11/2015: PEAK's new software package 2.5.1 enhances the feature set of the entire PCAN-Gateway product family with the ability to filter CAN messages by their ID. In addition, devices with WLAN interface can be operated in Micro Access Point mode. Therefore, no additional access point is required for the connection of two PCAN-Wireless Gateways (DR) over WLAN. The new PCAN-Gateway software package is available free of charge as a download on PEAK's website.
- 06/08/2015: PEAK-System has released version 4 of the programming interface PCAN-Basic for the company's CAN and CAN FD interfaces. With this API, 32-bit and 64-bit programs for Windows can access CAN and CAN FD buses. Based on devices of the PCAN-Gateway series, it is also possible to communicate with remote CAN buses via IP networks.
- 02/24/2015: At the Embedded World trade show in Germany, PEAK announced a number of exciting new products which are scheduled to be released later this year. The new PCAN-USB X6 features six CAN FD channels in a robust housing and with either SUB-D9 or M12 CAN connectors. The Stamp Module PCAN-Chip USB with a size of just 25 by 20 mm is aimed at developers who want to integrate CAN FD connectivity in custom hardware designs. This small PCBA can be soldered directly onto the application board PCB due to the single sided component placement and the half-whole edge contacts. Connection to the CPU is done via the module's USB 2.0 interface. This product will also be available as evaluation kit featuring example circuits for testing purposes. PEAK will also add CAN FD support for their PCAN-PCI insert cards and the PCAN-Router. On the software side PEAK plans to release the new PCAN-Explorer V6 as well as the updated PCAN-Developer package in Q3 of 2015. Please contact us if you are interested in receiving updates on these upcoming CAN FD products from PEAK. A two page product preview with additional details can be found here.
- 02/05/2015: PEAK recently announced their new PCAN-PCI/104-Express Quad card, a 4-channel CAN interface card for PCI/104-Express systems. This card features galvanic isolation of up to 500V separately for each of the CAN channels.
- 02/02/2015: Phytools is offering a 20% online order discount on selected SYSTEC products during the month of February. We have also just lowered our shipping rates.
This collection is emptyView all products