PEAK CAN Development Package PCAN-API
PEAK's PCAN-Developer Software Package is a flexible system for planning, developing, and operating CAN networks on a Windows host computer. At the core of this system are Windows® Kernel drivers as they managed the communication between PCs and external hardware over a Controller Area Network.
The complete data traffic for all CAN hardware connected to the corresponding computer is handled by this device driver. The interface to the user or operator of a PCAN hardware device connected to the CAN bus is formed by PCAN-Clients. These clients enable display and modification of process variables as needed by the CAN application. The driver allows connection of multiple clients that are communicating with the various CAN busses. It supports various hardware components that are based on NXPâ€™s SJA1000 CAN controller.
PCAN-Developer includes a single user license for the development package and a distribution license for the PCAN-Developer redistributable. Besides the API DLLs this PCAN-Developer software package includes the PCAN-View, PCAN-CPL, PCAN-Nets Configuration, and PCAN-Status Display tools.
Free updates and free technical support for a period of two years directly from PEAK's hotline or the forum for developers working with PCAN-Developer is included in the initial purchase price.
Features applicable to PCAN-Client programs, networks, and hardware:
- A Client can be connected to more than one network
- A network supports multiple Clients
- A hardware device belongs to one network only
- A network may have exactly one hardware device assigned to it, or none at all
- When a Client transmits, the message is passed via hardware to the external bus and to all the other Clients
- If a message is received via the hardware, it is received by all Clients
- Multiple networks may be defined per hardware device
The PCAN-API interface DLL enables software developers to use these features.
- Supports Windows® 8, 7, Vista, XP (32/64-bit) operating systems
- Use of a Windows® DLL for 32-bit or 64-bit as programming interface (API) for all supported hardware types
- Up to 32 applications can be operated per physical CAN channel at the same time
- Use of up to 16 channels for each hardware unit
- Driver-internal buffering of 32,768 messages per Client. Buffer size can be configured via the API
- Precision of time stamps on received messages (depending on the PEAK CAN interface used)
- Hardware configuration using the control panel or application
- Simulated CAN communication between applications via Clients
- Configuration of single-shot and self-receive-request transmissions
- Access to all available hardware parameters such as listen-only mode
- Interrupt-driven reception of CAN messages from the hardware into a FIFO buffer within the driver, complete with time stamp
- Notification of the application through Windows® events when a message is received
- Supports CAN specifications 2.0A (11-bit ID) and 2.0B (29-bit ID)
- Control of the transmission timing by specifying time stamps when transmitting messages
- Comprehensive programming manual (HTML Help format) and runnable sample source code
- Collection of tools for CAN system configuration, parameterization, and visualization
- PCAN-Developer license package
- Software: PCAN-View class="InLink" href="http://www.peak-system.com/Product-Details.49+M5d31ea5c82c.0.html?&L=1&tx_commerce_pi1%5BcatUid%5D=10&tx_commerce_pi1%5BshowUid%5D=32">Details ... , PCAN-CPL, PCAN-Nets Configuration, and PCAN-Status Display
- Header files, units, and examples
- Documentation in HTML Help format