Kvaser Memorator is a dual channel CAN bus interface as well as standalone CANbus data logger. When operated in stand-alone mode this device logs data to an SD card (128 MByte card included). In CAN interface mode the Memorator connects to the PC with USB1.1 port (USB 2.0 compatible). The first CAN channel is always for high-speed CAN connection, while the second CAN channel in this configuration is for a second high-speed CAN port. Alternatively the second CAN channel can be a single-wire CAN interface (KV-00234-0) or a low-speed CAN bus (KV-00170-1).
Kvaser Memorator Functions:
Kvaser Memorator can log continuously, or logging can be triggered by external triggers (rising or falling edge) and/or by messages and signals on the CAN bus (triggered by identifier, or data contents.) Pre- and post-triggers are available.
To enhance logging performance, Kvaser Memorator can filter out selectable messages to be logged. The identifiers can be picked from a database, or all messages can be logged.
Standard MMC or SD type flash memory cards can be used. Larger memory cards, up to 1 GB, can be used. See our support pages for more information.
Configuration software in the PC:
- Configuration of the CAN controller, i.e. bit rate and filters
- Configuration of the trigger conditions
- Configuration of filter for messages to be stored
- Configuration upload and download via USB
- One device for desktop and laptop
- Quick and easy plug-and-play installation
- Supports both 11-bit (CAN 2.0A) and 29-bit (CAN 2.0B active) identifiers
- CAN messages are time-stamped with 10 microseconds resolution
- Large on-board RAM buffer for CAN messages
- Supports "listen-only" mode for bus analysis tools
- Driver support for major operating systems
- 100% compatible with applications written for Leaf, LAPcan, PCIcan, PCcan and USBcan with Kvaser's CANlib
- One SD/MMC connector that accepts SD or MMC flash disks, currently up to 1 GB
- One CAN connection ISO-11898 high-speed, 50kbit/s up to 1 Mbit/s (Philips TJA1050)
- Optional, second CAN connection that can be either high-speed (TJA1050), low-speed (Philips TJA1054), or single-wire (AU5790)
- One USB 1.1 connection (12 Mbit/s); this connection is compatible with USB 2.0
- Power from CAN bus or from the USB side
- Built-in real time (calendar) clock with battery backup
- Logger status is indicated with four externally visible LEDs
- Plastic housing with dimension WLH about 509025 mm (circa 2 x 3,5 x 1 inch)
|Error frame generation||Yes|
|Error frame detection||Yes|
|On board buffer||Yes|
|Maximum message rate, send||6000|
|Maximum message rate, receive||12000|
|Dimensions (WxLxH)||50x90x25 mm (2.0x3.5x1.0in.)|