The Kvaser U100 is a robust, single-channel CAN/CAN FD to USB interface with reinforced galvanic isolation that squarely addresses the needs of the evolving automotive development market. Fully compatible with J1939, CANopen, NMEA 2000® and DeviceNet, this is the first in a new range of interfaces that is also suited to rugged applications in marine, industrial, heavy duty vehicle and heavy industries.
With enhanced protection of its own electrical circuits, a vibration, shock and drop-proof housing and high-quality cabling, the Kvaser U100 establishes a new reference in CAN interface design. At the same time, the U100 promises to drive down cost of ownership, whilst providing additional revenue opportunities for partners.
- Supports CAN FD, up to 8 Mbit/s (with correct physical layer implementation).
- Supports both 11-bit (CAN 2.0A) and 29-bit (CAN 2.0B active) identifiers.
- Powered through the USB connector.
- Supports bit rates from 10 Kbit/sec up to 1 Mbit/sec.
- Lightweight, glass fibre reinforced polyamide housing, overmolded with TPE.
- IP67 rated.
- DB-9 connector (other connectors available soon).
- Intelligent LED UI.
- Reinforced galvanic isolation, design validated with 5000 VAC rms applied for 60 seconds.
- Industrial grade temperature range, −40 °C to +85 °C.
- 20000 msg/s, each timestamped with a resolution of 100 μs.
- Support for SocketCAN.
- Compatible with J1939, CANopen, NMEA 2000® and DeviceNet.
- Fully compatible with applications written for other Kvaser CAN hardware with Kvaser CANlib.
|The information herein is subject to change without notice.|
|Bitrate/ CAN FD Bitrate||10-1000 Kbps/ up to 8 Mbps|
|Error frame generation||No|
|Error counters reading||No
|Timestamp resolution (µ)||100|
|Temp range||-40 °C to +85 °C|
|Maximum message rate, send||20000|
|Maximum message rate, receive||20000|
||2K, TPE surface on top of glass fibre reinforced polyamide|
|Dimensions (WxLxH)||40x100x20 mm (1.6x3.9x0.8in.)|
|Kvaser SocketCAN Device Drivers|
|Kvaser Linux Drivers and SDK|
|Kvaser DIADEM Driver|
This free driver for National Instrument's DIAdem supports all CAN hardware from Kvaser.
|Kvaser Drivers for Windows|
Windows drivers for all our CAN hardware. Please check release notes for information on which Windows versions are supported. It also contain a driver for the virtual CAN bus.
|Kvaser Firmware Update Tool|
Firmware update for most Kvaser devices
A free of charge, general-purpose CAN bus monitor. It works with all CAN interfaces from Kvaser and also with the virtual CAN bus.
|Kvaser CANlib SDK|
Software development kit - everything you need to develop software for the Kvaser CAN and LIN interfaces. Link libraries, header files, sample programs, Microsoft Visual Basic and Borland Delphi components, documentation, and more. Note: you need to download and install the appropriate device drivers separately
|Kvaser LabView VI Library for CAN|
Library for National Instrument's LabView version for all Kvaser CAN hardware.
|Remove old drivers|
Driver removal program. This program will remove the CAN driver (version 3.2 or older) from your computer. This is a version intended for those who have installed CANLIB 3.2 or older. Use it only if you need to remove an old version of the driver from your computer. Contact technical support if you have any questions.
The Canlib module is a Python wrapper for Kvaser CANlib SDK.