Kvaser USBcan Pro 4xCAN Silent
The USBcan Pro 4xCAN Silent, a compact, multichannel four-channel CAN/CAN FD to USB real-time interface that is always silent on the CAN bus (‘listen only’). This CAN interface is made silent through hardware and thus, cannot transmit on bus.
Standard CAN interfaces receive and transmit CAN messages, enabling them to be used to configure the system to which they are connected. However, certain customers, particularly those developing highly sensitive autonomous or safety-critical systems, require CAN interfaces capable of listening only, so that the interface has no impact on the bus or surrounding systems. Listen-only interfaces are also used to prevent any application or third-party, such as a hacker, from impacting the CANbus and its related systems through the Kvaser device.
- USB CAN interface with Kvaser t programmability.
- Always silent – listens to the bus without interfering it.
- Supports CAN FD, up to 8 Mbit/s.
- Quick and easy plug-and-play installation.
- Supports both 11-bit (CAN 2.0A) and 29-bit (CAN 2.0B active) identifiers.
- Power is taken from the USB port.
- 100% compatible with applications written for other Kvaser CAN hardware with Kvaser CANlib.
- High-speed CAN connection (compliant with ISO 11898-2), up to 1 Mbit/s.
- Fully compatible with J1939, CANopen, NMEA 2000® and DeviceNet.
- Kvaser MagiSync – automatic time synchronization (see Section 4.7, Kvaser MagiSync, on Page 19 for more details).
- Supports simultaneous usage of multiple Kvaser interfaces.
|The information herein is subject to change without notice.|
|CAN FD Bitrate||Up to 8 Mbit/s|
|Categories||Interfaces, Hardware, CAN|
|Connectors||26-pin HD D-SUB|
|Current Consumption||max 500 mA|
|Error Counters Reading||Yes|
|OS||Linux, Win 7, Win 8, Win 10|
|Error frame generation||No|
|Error counters reading||Yes|
|Timestamp resolution (µs)||1 µs|
|Messages Per Second, Sending||20,000 mps|
|Message Per Second, Receive||20,000 mps|
|Temp Range||-40 °C to +85 °C|
|Dimensions||Length: 170 mm (6.7"), Height: 20 mm (1.0")|
|Kvaser USBcan Pro 4xHS User's Guide|
|Kvaser USBcan Pro 4xHS User's Guide
|Kvaser SocketCAN Device Drivers|
|Kvaser SocketCAN Drivers for Linux
|Kvaser Linux Drivers and SDK|
|Linux drivers and SDK for most Kvaser devices.
|Kvaser DIADEM driver|
|This free driver for National Instrument's DIAdem supports all CAN hardware from Kvaser.
|Kvaser Drivers for Windows|
|Windows drivers for all our CAN hardware. Please check the release notes for information on which Windows versions are supported. The package also contains a driver for a virtual CAN bus, for testing and evaluation when you don't have access to a physical CAN bus.
|Kvaser Firmware Update Tool|
|Firmware Update tool for most Kvaser devices.
|The Canlib module is a Python wrapper for Kvaser CANlib SDK.
|A free of charge, general-purpose CAN bus monitor. It works with all CAN interfaces from Kvaser and also with the virtual CAN bus.
|Kvaser LabView VI Library for CAN|
|Library for National Instrument's LabView version for all Kvaser CAN hardware.
|Kvaser CANlib SDK|
|Software development kit - everything you need to develop software for the Kvaser CAN and LIN interfaces. Libraries, header files, sample programs for e.g. C, C++, C#, Visual Basic and Delphi, documentation, and more. Note: you need to download and install the appropriate device drivers separately.