Kvaser Leaf v3
The Kvaser Leaf v3 represents one of the easiest and lowest-cost methods of connecting a computer to a CAN bus network in order to monitor and transmit CAN and CAN FD data. With its standard USB 2.0 connector and 9-pin D-SUB connector, the Leaf v3's sleek, ergonomically designed housing is both robust enough for everyday use and small and flexible enough to be used in space-constrained applications.
The updated Leaf v3 can now handle up to 20,000 messages per second, each time-stamped with a 50-microsecond accuracy. No external power is needed and galvanic isolation is standard. Now with silent mode and CAN FD support.
- 20,000 messages per second, each time stamped with a resolution of 50 μs.
- Supports CAN FD, up to 8 Mbit/s.
- Powered through the standard USB type “A” connector.
- Quick and easy plug-and-play installation.
- Supports silent mode for analysis tools – listen to the bus without interfering.
- Galvanic isolation comes as standard on the Leaf Light v2, enhancing protection from power surges or electrical shocks.
- Use with Kvaser’s free general-purpose CAN monitoring software and a wide variety of advanced software for ECU development, diagnostics and calibration from Kvaser’s network of Technical Associates.
- Support for SocketCAN.
- Host OS Windows (7 or later), Linux.
- Supports J1939, CANopen, NMEA 2000® and DeviceNet when paired with advanced software from one of our many Technical Associates.
- Supports simultaneous use of multiple Kvaser interfaces.
|The information herein is subject to change without notice.
|Error frame generation
|Error frame detection
|On board buffer
|Maximum message rate, send
|Maximum message rate, receive
|Kvaser SocketCAN Device Drivers
|Kvaser SocketCAN Drivers for Linux.
|Kvaser Linux Driver and SDK
|Linux driver and SDK for Kvaser PCIcan/PCIcanx, Kvaser PCIcanII, Kvaser PC104+, Kvaser PCIcanx II, Kvaser USBcan II, Kvaser Memorator*, Kvaser Leaf family, Kvaser Memorator Pro**, Kvaser USBcan Pro and VirtualCAN. For LAPcan and LAPcan II, you should use version 4.2 of the driver. (*) only with USBcanII functionality, (**) only with USBcan Pro functionality
|Kvaser DIADEM Driver
|This free driver for National Instrument's DIAdem supports all CAN hardware from Kvaser.
|Kvaser Drivers for Windows
|Windows drivers for all our CAN hardware. Please check release notes for information on which Windows versions are supported. It also contain a driver for the virtual CAN bus.
|Kvaser Firmware Update Tool
|Firmware Update tool for most Kvaser devices.
|The Canlib module is a Python wrapper for Kvaser CANlib SDK.
|Kvaser LabView VI Library for CAN
|Library for National Instrument's LabView. Version for all Kvaser CAN hardware.
|Kvaser CANlib SDK
|Software development kit - everything you need to develop software for the Kvaser CAN and LIN interfaces. Libraries, header files, sample programs for e.g. C, C++, C#, Visual Basic and Delphi, documentation, and more. Note: you need to download and install the appropriate device drivers separately.
|A free of charge, general-purpose CAN bus monitor. It works with all CAN interfaces from Kvaser and also with the virtual CAN bus.