The Kvaser U100 is a robust, galvanically-reinforced single-channel CAN/CAN FD to USB interface. Signal and power isolated, the Kvaser U100 offers enhanced electrical protection, a vibration, shock and drop-proof housing and high-quality cabling that establishes a new reference in CAN interface design.
With an intelligent LED that display bus loads and error frames, an industry-leading IP67 rating and an innovative connector system, the U100 has numerous stand-out features. Fully compatible with J1939, CANopen, NMEA 2000® and DeviceNet, this is the first in a new range of interfaces that suit rugged and higher voltage applications in marine, industrial, construction, heavy-duty, agriculture, and automotive, including electric vehicle markets.
- Supports CAN FD, up to 8 Mbit/s (with correct physical layer implementation).
- Supports both 11-bit (CAN 2.0A) and 29-bit (CAN 2.0B active) identifiers.
- Powered through the USB connector.
- Supports bit rates from 10 Kbit/sec up to 1 Mbit/sec.
- Lightweight, glass fibre reinforced polyamide housing, overmolded with TPE.
- IP67 rated.
- DB-9 connector (other connectors available).
- Intuitive LED UI.
- Reinforced galvanic isolation, design validated with 5000 VAC rms applied for 60 s.
- Industrial grade temperature range, −40 oC to +85 oC.
- 20 000 msg/s, each timestamped with a resolution of 100 μs.
- Support for SocketCAN.
- Compatible with J1939, CANopen, NMEA 2000R and DeviceNet.
- Fully compatible with applications written for other Kvaser CAN hardware with Kvaser CANlib.
- Documentation, software and drivers can be downloaded for free at kvaser.com/downloads.
- Kvaser CANLIB SDK is a free resource that includes everything you need to develop software for the Kvaser CAN interfaces. Includes full documentation and many program samples, written in C, C++, C#, Delphi, and Visual Basic.
- All Kvaser CAN interface boards share a common software API. Programs written for one interface type will run without modifications on the other interface types!
- J2534 Application Programming Interface available.
- RP1210A Application Programming Interface available.
- On-line documentation in Windows HTML-Help and Adobe Acrobat format.
|The information herein is subject to change without notice.|
|CAN FD Bitrate||Up to 8 Mbit/s|
|Categories||CABLES, Interfaces, Hardware, CAN|
|Current Consumption||Typical 250 mA|
|Error Frame Generation||No|
|Material||2K, TPE surface on top of glass fibre reinforced polyamide|
|Messages Per Second Received||20000 mps|
|Messages Per Second Sending||20000 mps|
|OS||Linux, Win 7, Win 10, Win 8|
|Temp Range||-40 °C to +85 °C|
|Timestamp Resolution (µs)||100 µs|
|Kvaser U100 User's Guide|
|Kvaser U100 User's Guide
|Kvaser U100 Datasheet|
|Kvaser U100 Datasheet|
|Kvaser SocketCAN Device Drivers|
|Kvaser SocketCAN Drivers for Linux.
|Kvaser Linux Driver and SDK|
|Linux driver and SDK for Kvaser PCIcan/PCIcanx, Kvaser PCIcanII, Kvaser PC104+, Kvaser PCIcanx II, Kvaser USBcan II, Kvaser Memorator*, Kvaser Leaf family, Kvaser Memorator Pro**, Kvaser USBcan Pro and VirtualCAN. For LAPcan and LAPcan II, you should use version 4.2 of the driver. (*) only with USBcanII functionality, (**) only with USBcan Pro functionality
|Kvaser DIADEM Driver|
|This free driver for National Instrument's DIAdem supports all CAN hardware from Kvaser.
|Kvaser Drivers for Windows|
|Windows drivers for all our CAN hardware. Please check release notes for information on which Windows versions are supported. It also contain a driver for the virtual CAN bus.
|Kvaser Firmware Update Tool|
|Firmware Update tool for most Kvaser devices.
|The Canlib module is a Python wrapper for Kvaser CANlib SDK.
|Kvaser LabView VI Library for CAN|
|Library for National Instrument's LabView. Version for all Kvaser CAN hardware.
|Kvaser CANlib SDK|
|Software development kit - everything you need to develop software for the Kvaser CAN and LIN interfaces. Libraries, header files, sample programs for e.g. C, C++, C#, Visual Basic and Delphi, documentation, and more. Note: you need to download and install the appropriate device drivers separately.
|A free of charge, general-purpose CAN bus monitor. It works with all CAN interfaces from Kvaser and also with the virtual CAN bus.