Kvaser Hybrid 2xCAN/LIN
Kvaser Hybrid 2xCAN/LIN is a flexible, dual channel interface that allows each channel to be assigned independently as CAN or LIN. This makes the Kvaser Hybrid 2xCAN/LIN a must-have ’universal interface’ for every engineer involved in automotive communications. With a standard USB connector and two CAN/LIN channels in two separate 9-pin D-SUB connectors, this interface can connect a PC to two CAN buses, two LIN buses, or one CAN and one LIN bus. Both channels support CAN FD, up to 5 Mbit/s (with proper physical layer), when in CAN mode. The Kvaser Hybrid is fully compatible with J1939, CANopen, NMEA 2000 and DeviceNet—plus it works with Kvaser’s universal API.
An essential tool for automotive engineers, CAN and LIN can now be configured using a single tool. Easy access, from climate control to calibration, using one device. This compact, high-performance interface uses a standard USB connector and two high-speed CAN or LIN channels in separate 9-pin D-SUB CAN connectors. Each channel can be configured for either CAN or LIN, allowing multiple configurations tailored to your needs.
- Hybrid USB CAN/LIN interface.
- Supports CAN FD, up to 5 Mbit/s (with proper physical layer)
- Supports High-Speed CAN (ISO 11898-2) up to 1Mbit/s.
- Supports CAN 2.0 A and CAN 2.0 B active.
- Quick and easy plug-and-play installation.
- Supports LIN 2.2.
- Power is taken from the USB bus.
- LIN reference power detection.
- Fully compatible with J1939, CANopen, NMEA 2000 and DeviceNet.
- Fully compatible with applications written for other Kvaser CAN hardware with Kvaser CANlib.
- Galvanically isolated bus drivers.
- Extended operating temperature range from -40 to 85 °C.
|The information herein is subject to change without notice.|
|Bitrate||40-1000 kbit/s (CAN); 1-20 kBit/s (LIN)|
|Error frame generation||No|
|Error frame detection||Yes|
|Timestamp resolution||50 microsecs|
|On board buffer||Yes|
|Maximum message rate, send||20,000|
|Maximum message rate, receive||20,000|
|Dimensions (WxLxH)||50x170x20 mm (body incl. strain relief)|
|Kvaser Hybrid 2xCAN/LIN Datasheet|