Kvaser Air Bridge Light HS M12 (FCC)
The Kvaser Air Bridge Light HS M12 is a configuration-free wireless CAN bridge that uses a dust and water-tight M12 connector to connect CAN networks.
Comprising a preconfigured pair of plug-and-play units, with integrated antennas and rugged housings, the Kvaser Air Bridge Light HS M12 ensure the rapid exchange of raw CAN data in situations that make wired connection unsuitable or challenging, such as CAN cabling that experiences high environmental abrasion.
Employing a proprietary 2.4G radio and frequency hopping mechanism, the Kvaser Air Bridge Light HS controls the data rate, radio packet format, output power and pairing method to achieve predictable latencies, without sacrificing stability or range. Transmission range is as much as 70 m, with a maximum data rate of 1200 messages per second and a packet latency of 4.8 ms. This makes the Air Bridge effective in infrastructure and control applications, where accurate message delivery times are essential, and a viable alternative for optical cable in some situations.
There are two versions: (01141-0) Kvaser Air Bridge Light HS M12 is approved for the European Union, while (01148-9) Kvaser Air Bridge Light HS M12 (FCC) complies with US certification. Both share the same functionality but have different radio transmission schemes due to regulatory differences.
- 2-Year Warranty. See Kvaser's General Conditions and Policies for details. Register your product for an additional 1-year Warranty Extension.
- Free Technical Support on all products available by contacting email@example.com.
- The Kvaser Air Bridge Light HS (FCC) (EAN: 73-30130-01008-6) has been tested and found to comply with part 15 of FCC Rules. See User Guide for full FCC Compliance Information Statement..
- A preconfigured pair of units that create a point-to-point radio link between two CAN networks.
- 2.4 GHz proprietary protocol.
- Internal antenna design, antenna output power max 18 dBm.
- Automatic baud rate detection (125K, 250K, 500K, 1M).
- Supports both 11-bit (CAN 2.0A) and 29-bit (CAN 2.0B active) identifiers.
- High-Speed CAN connection (compliant with ISO 11898-2), up to 1 Mbit/s.
- Power supplied through the CAN bus interface.
- Rugged aluminum housing.
- Dust and water-resistant M12 connector on each unit.
- Plug and play, driver-free, and configuration-free.
- Fully compatible with J1939, CANopen, NMEA 2000 and DeviceNet.
- Extended operating temperature range from -40 to +70 °C.
- Note: Error Frames and Arbitration information are not transmitted by the Air Bridge units across the wireless link.
|The information herein is subject to change without notice.|
|Categories||LIN, CABLES, DIN Rail, Interfaces, Hardware, Dataloggers, CAN, Accessories|
|Connectors||M12 5 pin|
|Current Consumption||Allowed operating voltage 9 V-36V DC. Maximum input voltage 48 V DC. Approx. 2 W.|
|Messages Per Second, Sending||1,200 mps|
|Message Per Second, Receive||1,200 mps|
|Temp Range||-40 °C to +70 °C|
|Dimensions||Length: 151 mm, Height: 17 mm|
|Kvaser Air Bridge Installation Guide|
|Kvaser Air Bridge Installation Guide
|Kvaser Air Bridge System Integration Guide|
|Kvaser Air Bridge System Integration Guide
|Kvaser Air Bridge Light HS User's Guide|
|Kvaser Air Bridge Light HS/HS (FCC) User's Guide
|Kvaser Air Bridge Light HS M12 (FCC) Datasheet|