100Base-T1 Media Converter
A bi-directional physical layer converter between 100BASE-T1 (OPEN Alliance BroadR-Reach – OABR) and 100BASE-TX (Fast Ethernet), enabling the user to easily connect automotive cameras or ECUs with OABR / Automotive Ethernet media link to a standard computer network.
The interface establishes a point-to-point link between an unshielded twisted-pair Automotive Ethernet (IEEE 100BASE-T1) port and a Fast Ethernet port. The converter features one DSUB9 (BroadR-Reach, CAN bus), one Fast Ethernet port with RJ-45 connector, and a Micro-USB connector. The BroadR-Reach channel is configurable as either Master or Slave by a switch button or programmatically, and the device can be powered either via DSUB connector or via USB.
The converter enables access to SMI registers of both transceivers (PHYs) via a CAN bus or a USB’s virtual serial port. This enables the user to evaluate signal strength, detect polarity of the T1 port, carry out a BroadR-Reach media test to diagnose cable errors, fine-tune the PHYs parameters, and generally to read and write the registers.
The 100BASE-T1 Media Converter is available as a serial port (COM port) when it is connected to a PC over USB. The PC application reads the following information out of the converter:
- T1 port status
- T1 port signal quality
- Master/Slave configuration
- T1 port polarity detection
- RX and TX error counters
- a result of T1 cable test (OK / Open-circuit / Shorted)
- 100BASE-T1 (IEEE 802.3bw) to 100BASE-TX media conversion
- Master/Slave configuration for BroadR-Reach
- DSUB9 connector for T1, RJ-45 connector for Ethernet
- Power 9-30 V DC over DSUB or Micro-USB connector
- 6 status LEDs
- 2 DIP switches
- Automatic polarity detection for OABR Slave
- Media test for T1 cable – can detect a shortage, cut-off and impedance mismatch
- Table top or DIN-rail mount
|100BASE-T1 Media Converter Data Sheet|