CANopen Magic Pro DLL (Windows)
Professional grade Application Programmer Interface DLL. Provides a CANopen platform to build PC applications. Full documentation, example application and header file is included. Supports Windows CE 5, includes OEM license.
The CANopen Magic Pro DLL is a system allowing custom CANopen® based PC applications to be quickly and easily developed without needing to know all the details of CANopen®. The kit consists of a professional CANopen® DLL and a professional PEAK CAN driver DLL along with documentation, a C header file and library/import files for two popular PC development systems. The CANopen® DLL implements the CANopen functionality and in turn uses the PEAK CAN driver DLL to communicate with the CAN interface.
The CANopen Magic Pro DLL can be used to quickly and easily build custom CANopen® masters, managers and configuration utilities. It can also be used to construct custom data transfer programs, firmware update programs and network analysis applications. Applications can be designed for production line testing avoiding the need to train operators on CANopen® functionality and terminology.
The following is a list of files that are included in the developer's kit.
- The professional CANopen® DLL, implementing CANopen® functionality
- The PEAK professional CAN interface DLL
- A C header file
- Library/import files for Microsoft Visual C++ and Borland C++ Builder
- A example application for Microsoft Visual C++
- A manual on how to use the CANopen® DLL
- Send Network Management messages to all nodes or a single node
- Perform an SDO expedited or segmented download to a node
- Perform an SDO expedited or segmented upload from a node
- Progress callbacks during SDO transfers
- Operation result callback at the end of SDO transfers
- SDO transfers are non-blocking, allowing easier implementation of applications
- Ability to cancel an SDO transfer currently in operation
- High speed network scan to determine nodes present. Typically completes in less than 0.5 seconds.
- All messages have typically 1us accuracy timestamps
- CAN 2.0A and CAN 2.0B messages supported
- Remote Transmission Request messages supported
- Transmit and receive plain CAN messages
- Callbacks for CAN messages sent and received
- Callback for events, such as bus off, timeout, hardware error and protocol error
- Ability to get a current timestamp for comparing with timestamps of messages received
- Switch networks and CAN interfaces on the fly
- High speed mass expedited write to all nodes
- Configurable timeouts and time delays
- Write Device Configuration Files to nodes
- Write Network Configuration Files to networks to configure all nodes at once
- Receives error frames
- Reset the CAN interface
- PDO transmission and reception (event time, inhibit time, SYNC, change of state detection, application layer tx approve/deny)
- Can connect to internal networks with no CAN interface for CANopen® network simulation
- Able to find and interrogate LSS slaves on the network
- Able to configure the node IDs and bit timings of LSS slaves
- Support for Windows CE 5.0*
* ARMV4I only, no multi-process support, you may need to write a wrapper DLL for your CAN driver