The newly released TAP CURIOUS made by KUNBUS is the perfect tool for monitoring, analyzing and fixing faults in real-time Ethernet networks. Delay, jitter and CRC faults can be recorded and then quickly analyzed and corrected or rectified respectively.
The device is easily integrated within the network to be analyzed via its probe ports. TAP CURIOUS operates completely passively which ensures there is zero delay and the network is in no way influenced by the TAP CURIOUS â data communication can be recorded without it being altered in any way. With a time-stamp of 1 ns, TAP CURIOUS has an extremely accurate timing analysis capability. Meaningful features like trigger functions and filters additionally simplify the search for faults in the network. The device operates full duplex which means that both the transmitting and receiving functions can be monitored simultaneously in both directions. The tapped data from the network is furnished with a 20-byte long trailer (including the time-stamp) and relayed via the existent uplink port to a PC or laptop for further analysis. The included Wireshark software can be used for the analysis of the data.
As a result of its compact and durable plastic housing, the 150-gram device is not only suitable for work in laboratories but also for daily use in the field. TAP CURIOUS comes with a robust plastic case for safe transport.
For all real-time ethernet protocols including:
TAP CURIOUS comes equipped with a wide range of filter functions that assist the specific search for specific values and therefore significantly reduce the amount of data to be analysed. Faults occurring in the network can thus be found quicker and eliminated. TAP CURIOUS filter functions can be configurated easily and quickly via the graphic, browser-based user-interface of the TAP CURIOUS. Two modes ensure that the device meets every wish of beginners and experts alike.
- Measuring system for real-time Ethernet bus systems
- Number of Ethernet ports 4 + 1 (monitoring of 2 lines)
- Uplink port: - 1 Gbps 1000BASE-T Ethernet - RJ45 socket
- Sampling ports: - 100 Mbps 100BASE-TX Ethernet - RJ45 socket
- Throughput delay ~0 µs (zero delay)
- Resolution time stamp 1 ns
- Diagnosis: 3 LEDs
- Full duplex operation
- Unfiltered transmission of CRC errors
- Supply voltage 24 V DC or 230 V AC plug power pack
- Weight ca. 150 g
- Dimensions (W x H x D) ca. 92 mm x 140 mm x 28 mm
- Rubberized for impact protection
- Operating temperature 0 °C ... + 55 °C
- Storage temperature -25 °C ... + 85 °C
- Allowable relative humidity 95 %, no condensation
- Protection type IP 20
- CE certification