Kvaser Memorator HS/LS CAN Datalogger
Kvaser Memorator is a dual channel CAN bus interface as well as standalone CANbus data logger. When operated in stand-alone mode this device logs data to an SD card (128 MByte card included). In CAN interface mode the
Memorator connects to the PC with USB1.1 port (USB 2.0 compatible). The first CAN channel is always for high-speed CAN connection, while the second CAN channel in this configuration is for a low-speed CAN bus. Alternatively the second CAN channel can be a single-wire CAN interface (part# KV-00234-0) or a second high-speed CAN port (part# KV-00175-6).
The Kvaser Memorator features a USB connection and can be used as a powerful CAN to USB interface (like the Kvaser USBcan II Adapter) as well as a standalone CAN data logger - two products in one! Its compact design makes this device an ideal flight recorder for example when used as a data logger. Device configuration is performed via a user-friendly configuration program and configuration data is stored on the unit's Flash disk.
Kvaser Memorator Functions:
Kvaser Memorator can log continuously, or logging can be triggered by external triggers (rising or falling edge) and/or by messages and signals on the CAN bus (triggered by identifier, or data contents.) Pre- and post-triggers are available.
To enhance logging performance, Kvaser Memorator can filter out selectable messages to be logged. The identifiers can be picked from a database, or all messages can be logged.
Standard MMC or SD type flash memory cards can be used. Larger memory cards, up to 1 GB, can be used. See our support pages for more information.
Configuration software in the PC:
- Configuration of the CAN controller, i.e. bit rate and filters.
- Configuration of the trigger conditions.
- Configuration of filter for messages to be stored.
- Configuration upload and download via USB
- One device for desktop and laptop.
- Quick and easy plug-and-play installation.
- Supports both 11-bit (CAN 2.0A) and 29-bit (CAN 2.0B active) identifiers.
- CAN messages are time-stamped with 10 microseconds resolution.
- Large on-board RAM buffer for CAN messages.
- Supports listen-only mode for bus analysis tools.
- Driver support for major operating systems.
- 100% compatible with applications written for Leaf, LAPcan, PCIcan, PCcan and USBcan with Kvaser's CANlib.
- One SD/MMC connector that accepts SD or MMC flash disks, currently up to 1 GB.
- One CAN connection ISO-11898 high-speed, 50kbit/s up to 1 Mbit/s (Philips TJA1050).
- Optional, second CAN connection that can be either high-speed (TJA1050), low-speed (Philips TJA1054), or single-wire (AU5790)
- One USB 1.1 connection (12 Mbit/s). This connection is compatible with USB 2.0.
- Power from CAN bus or from the USB side.
- Built-in real time (calendar) clock with battery backup.
- Logger status is indicated with four externally visible LEDs.
- Plastic housing with dimension WxLxH about 50x90x25 mm (circa 2 x 3,5 x 1 inch)
|The information herein is subject to change without notice.|
|Error frame generation||Yes|
|Error frame detection||Yes|
|On board buffer||Yes|
|Maximum message rate, send||6000|
|Maximum message rate, receive||12000|
|Dimensions (WxLxH)||50x90x25 mm (2.0x3.5x1.0in.)|
|Getting Started Kvaser Memorator / Memorator Professional as Datalogger|
|Startup Guide Getting Started Kvaser Memorator /Memorator Professional as Datalogger
|Kvaser Database Editor Users Guide|
|Kvaser Database Editor Users Guide
|Kvaser Memorator Example|
|Kvaser Memorator Tools Setup Example
|Kvaser Memorator Tools Introduction|
|Introduction to Kvaser Memorator Tools for Kvaser Memorator Professional.
|Kvaser Memorator Trigger Guide|
|Kvaser Memorator Setup Tool - Trigger Guide
|Kvaser Memorator Users Guide|
|Kvaser Memorator Professional User's Guide
|Trigger Kit for the Kvaser Memorator Family|
|Trigger Kit for the Kvaser Memorator Family
|Kvaser DIADEM Driver|
|This free driver for National Instrument's DIAdem supports all CAN hardware from Kvaser.
|Kvaser Drivers for Windows|
|Windows drivers for all our CAN hardware. Please check release notes for information on which Windows versions are supported. It also contain a driver for the virtual CAN bus.
|Kvaser Leaf V2 Firmware|
|Firmware Kvaser Leaf Light V2
|A free of charge general-purpose CAN bus momnitor. Works with all CAN interfaces from Kvaser. Windows 200 and later recommended.
|Kvaser CANlib SDK|
|Software development kit - everything you need to develop software for the Kvaser CAN and LIN interfaces. Link libraries, header files, sample programs, Microsoft Visual Basic and Borland Delphi components, documentation, and more. Note: you need to download and install the appropriate device drivers separately
|Kvaser LabView VI Library for CAN|
|Library for National Instrument's LabView version for all Kvaser CAN hardware.
|Kvaser Linux Driver and SDK|
|Linux driver and SDK for Kvaser PCIcan/PCIcanx, Kvaser PCIcanII, Kvaser PC104+, Kvaser PCIcanx II, Kvaser USBcan II, Kvaser Memorator*, Kvaser Leaf family, Kvaser Memorator Pro**, Kvaser USBcan Pro and VirtualCAN. For LAPcan and LAPcan II, you should use version 4.2 of the driver. (*) only with USBcanII functionality, (**) only with USBcan Pro functionality
|Remove old drivers|
|Driver removal program. This program will remove the CAN driver (version 3.2 or older) from your computer. This is a version intended for those who have installed CANLIB 3.2 or older. Use it only if you need to remove an old version of the driver from your computer. Contact technical support if you have any questions.