This adapter comes in different configurations whereas the first CAN channel is for high-speed CAN, with the second CAN channel providing a single-wire CAN port (part# KV-00231-9). Alternatively the second CAN channel can be a low-speed CAN interface (part# KV-00174-9), or a second high-speed connection (part# KV-00159-6).
- The Kvaser USBcan II provides a dual channel CAN bus interface through a standard USB interface.
- The USBcan II can be ordered with two high-speed channels, with one high-speed and one low-speed or with one-high speed and one single-wire CAN.
- Kvaser USBcan II is a flexible way of communicate with the CAN bus through a desktop PC or laptop.
- The USBcan II device is a USB 1.1 device. It also works with USB 2.0 in full-speed mode, i.e. 12 Mbit/s.
- It contains the powerful M16C microcontroller from Mitsubishi with two built-in CAN controllers.
- It handles CAN messages with 11 bit (CAN 2.0A) as well as 29 bit (CAN 2.0B) identifiers.
- Remote frames can be sent and received without restrictions.
- USBcan II can detect and generate error frames on the CAN bus.
|Error frame generation||Yes|
|Error frame detection||Yes|
|On board buffer||Yes|
|Maximum message rate, send||6000|
|Maximum message rate, receive||12000|
|Dimensions (WxLxH)||50x90x25 mm (2.0x3.5x1.0in.)|