Communication on a CAN bus in utility vehicles for the transmission of diagnostics data and control information is describes in the SAE J1939 network protocol. This higher-layer CANbus protocol contains a complete network definition using 29-bit CAN-IDs (CAN 2.0B Extended Frame).
Optional Function Upgrades for PCAN-Explorer V6
PEAK's J1939 add-in for PCAN-Explorer 6 supports all definitions established by the standardâ€™s parameter groups and provides a simple means of accessing the parameters. Included with the functional PCAN-Explorer 6 upgrade is the complete database of all the definitions and the corresponding parameters.
Note: If this plug-in is for previously purchased PCAN Explorer Software, the serial number of the previously purchased PCAN-Explorer is required. Please include the serial number in the "notes" section of the shopping cart to prevent any delays in fulfilling the order.
- Support for all functions of the SAE J1939 network protocol
- CAN messages can be sent in broadcast form or targeted to individual control units (ECUs)
- Addressing of up to 254 ECUs
- Supports multi-packet messages
- J1939 Add-in software
- Single user license
- Documentation in HTML help format