For the programming of control units (ECU), there are countless applications from various manufacturers which are used in the development and diagnosis of vehicle electronics. The interface for the communication between these applications and the control units is defined by the international standard SAE J2534 (Pass-Thru). Thus, the hardware for the connection to the control unit can be selected regardless of its manufacturer.
PCAN-PassThru allows the use of SAE J2534-based applications with CAN adapters from PEAK-System.
The functions defined by the standard are provided by Windows® DLLs for 32 and 64-bit systems. These can also be used to develop own Pass-Thru applications.
The communication via CAN and OBD-2 (ISO 15765-4) is based on the programming interfaces PCAN-Basic and PCAN-ISO-TP. PCAN-PassThru is supplied with each PC CAN interface from PEAK-System.
- Implementation of the international standard SAE J2534 (Pass-Thru)
- Use of SAE J2534 applications with PC CAN interfaces from PEAK-System
- Windows® DLLs for the development of your own SAE J2534 applications for 32 and 64 bit
- Thread-safe API
- Physical communication via CAN and OBD-2 (ISO 15765-4) using a CAN interface of the PCAN series
- Uses the PCAN-Basic programming interface to access the CAN hardware in the computer
- Uses the PCAN-ISO-TP programming interface (ISO 15765-2) for the transfer of data packages up to 4095 bytes via the CAN bus
- Windows® 10, 8.1, 7 (32/64-bit)
- At least 2 GB RAM and 1.5 GHz CPU
- For the CAN bus connection: PC CAN interface from PEAK-System
- PCAN-Basic API
|PCAN-PassThru API documentation|
|PCAN-PassThru API User Manual in PDF Format|
|Pass-Thru API and connection of Pass-Thru software to PEAK CAN interfaces. Installation for Windows® 10, 8.1, 7 (32/64-bit) includes interface DLLs, a configuration software, the PCAN-Basic API, and the PCAN-ISO-TP API. The download also contains the documentation (English).|