UDS (ISO 14229-1) stands for Unified Diagnostic Services and defines the communication with control units (ECUs). The Windows® software tests the controller using various services. The process is done on the client-server principle where the program is in the position of the client (also called tester). UDS uses the ISO-TP standard as transport protocol, thus UDS can transmit data blocks of up to 4095 bytes size. Besides the exchange of maintenance information, for example, the transfer of firmware is possible.
The PCAN-UDS API implements the functionality of the standard on the basis of 8 functions. They are categorized in Tester Allocation, Configuration, Information, Utilities, Services, and Communication.
- Implementation of the UDS protocol (ISO 14229-1) for the communication with control units
- Windows® DLLs for the development of 32-bit and 64-bit applications
- Thread-safe API
- Physical communication via CAN using a CAN interface of the PCAN series
- Uses the PCAN-Basic programming interface to access the CAN hardware in the computer
- Uses the PCAN-ISO-TP programming interface (ISO 15765-2) for the transfer of data packages up to 4095 bytes via the CAN bus
- Windows® 10, 8.1, 7 (32/64-bit)
- At least 2 GB RAM and 1.5 GHz CPU
- For the CAN bus connection: PC CAN interface from PEAK-System
- PCAN-Basic API
- PCAN-ISO-TP API