PCAN-View (Free CAN Monitor)IPES-000000
Windows® Software for Displaying CAN Messages
The software PCAN-View for Windows® is a simple CAN monitor for viewing, sending, and recording CAN data traffic. Messages can be sent manually and periodically at a user-determined bit rate of up to 1 Mbit/s. Bus system errors and memory overflows in the CAN hardware being controlled are displayed during the process. The trace function can be used to record and save CAN data traffic.
PCAN-View is supplied with every PCAN PC hardware product and enables a fast and simple initial hardware operation. All available PEAK CAN interfaces are listed in the connection dialog. After selecting the hardware and the bit rate, the user can access all the software functions, hardware-specific settings, and information.
Beginning with version 4, PCAN-View supports the new CAN FD standard (CAN with Flexible Data rate) which is primarily characterized by higher bandwidth for data transfer.
- Manual and periodic transmission of CAN messages with bit rates up to 1 Mbit/s
and a resolution of 10 ms
- Support for CAN 2.0A (11-bit ID) and 2.0B (29-bit-ID) specifications
- Saving and reloading of CAN messages as transmit lists
- CAN message reception with a resolution of 1 ms
- Recording CAN messages in trace files
- Display of receive, transmit, and error states
- CAN controller hardware reset (SJA1000)
- Access to hardware-specific settings and information