PCAN-View (Free CAN Monitor)IPES-000000
Windows® Software for Displaying CAN and CAN FD Messages
The software PCAN-View for Windows® is a simple CAN monitor for viewing, sending, and recording CAN data traffic. Messages can be sent manually and periodically at a user-determined bit rate of up to 1 Mbit/s. Bus system errors and memory overflows in the CAN hardware being controlled are displayed during the process. The trace function can be used to record and save CAN data traffic.
PCAN-View is supplied with every PCAN PC hardware product and enables a fast and simple initial hardware operation. All available PEAK CAN interfaces are listed in the connection dialog. After selecting the hardware and the bit rate, the user can access all the software functions, hardware-specific settings, and information.
Beginning with version 4, PCAN-View supports the new CAN FD standard (CAN with Flexible Data rate) which is primarily characterized by higher bandwidth for data transfer.
- Support for CAN specifications 2.0 A/B and FD
- CAN bit rates (nominal) up to 1 Mbit/s
- Data bit rates up to 12 Mbit/s (only when using a CAN FD interface)
- Optional use of custom bit rates
- Listen-only mode can be activated
- Manual and periodic transmission of messages with a maximum resolution of 1 ms
- Message reception with a maximum resolution of 100 µs
- Recording messages in trace files
- Saving and reloading of transmission messages
- Sortable receive and transmit lists
- Representation of CAN IDs in hexadecimal or decimal format
- Representation of the data bytes in hexadecimal, decimal, or ASCII format
- Display of receive, transmit, and error states
- Hardware reset of the CAN controller
- Access to hardware-specific settings and information
- Windows® 10, 8.1, 7 (32/64-bit)
- At least 2 GB RAM and 1.5 GHz CPU
- For the CAN bus connection: PC CAN interface from PEAK-System
Note: Parallel port CAN interfaces are only supported on 32-bit systems