The PCAN-XCP API is a programming interface for the communication between Windows® applications (Masters) and electronic control units (Slave ECUs). The Universal Measurement and Calibration Protocol (XCP) is a further development of the CAN Calibration Protocol (CCP) by ASAM. XCP supports multiple transmission mediums, but is not compatible to CCP.
For accessing the CAN hardware in the computer, PCAN-XCP utilizes the programming interface PCAN-Basic, which is part of the scope of supply of every CAN interface from PEAK-System. The PCAN-XCP API package is available free of charge.
- Implementation of the Universal Measurement and Calibration Protocol (XCP) by ASAM for the communication with control units
- Windows® DLLs for the development of 32-bit and 64-bit applications
- Physical communication via CAN or CAN FD using a CAN interface of the PCAN series
- Uses the PCAN-Basic programming interface to access the CAN hardware in the computer
- Thread-safe API
- One API function for each command of the XCP standard
- Additional commands for communication management
- Windows® 10, 8.1, 7 (32/64-bit)
- At least 2 GB RAM and 1.5 GHz CPU
- For the CAN bus connection: PC CAN interface from PEAK-System
- PCAN-Basic API