PCAN-GPRS-Link Evaluation Kit
PCAN-GPRS Link is a module for recording and forwarding vehicle data. There are two freely programmable microcontrollers within the unit which process internal vehicle data. The PCAN-GPRS Link is provided as a development platform for telematic applications. An API allows simple integration within a specific application environment. The PCAN-GPRS Link supports the evaluation of FMS and Bus FMS data (Fleet Management System). This produces consumption related vehicle data. The DTCO info interface also allows the connection and processing of a digital speedometer with access to information such as driver identification and driver working time. The GPS module can be used to determine location and output the direction of travel. There is an optional expansion to allow any volume of additional data to be processed, output and recorded. These include temperature and movement sensors, barcode scanners, RFID readers, displays, and WiFi or Bluetooth connections. The PCAN-GPRS Link has ECE type approval (E1), which guarantees its problemâ€“free use in vehicles. The PCAN-GPRS Link is supplied with a programming example in the form of a Linux daemon for x86 Debian. This daemon receives the data from the PCAN-GPRS Link and writes them to a mySQL database. Data can then be visualized using a php script based on Google Maps* and AJAX. Output includes the FMS and OBD-2 data and positions of all modules connected to the database. * Use of Google Maps is subject to the licensing terms and conditions as specified by Google Inc.
- Dualcore ARM7 (core) and ARM9 (GPRS) system
- Recording of all data to internal flash memory (maximum 32 GB)
- E1 type approval
- Operating voltage: 6 – 32 V DC
- Extended operating temperature range from -40 to 85 °C (-40 to 185 °F)
- U-blox 5 GPS module with 50 channels and over 1 million correlators.
Position accuracy 2.5 m CEP at -130 dBm
- Data transfer via GPRS or CSD
- Wavecom GPRS class 10 quad-band modem
- Handling of DTCO and FMS data
- Handling of OBD-2 data via CAN (complete PID support not ensured)
- CiA® 447 and J1939 protocol support on request
- Firmware update via GPRS
- Two High-speed CAN channels (ISO 11898-2) with bit rates of 40 kbit/s to 1 Mbit/s.
- Two digital inputs and one digital output
- One UART V.24