Kvaser USBcan II HS/HS
Product is no longer available.
NOTE: This product has been discontinued by the manufacturer as of 09/30/2015. The new Kvaser USB-CAN Light 2*HS (part# KV-00714-7) or the Kvaser USBcan Professional HS/HS (part# KV-00357-6) serve as a direct replacement.
Kvaser's USBcan II is a dual-channel CANbus interface adapter featuring a standard USB 1.1 connection which is upward compatible with USB 2.0. This CAN-to-USB interface has an auto-transmit function for placing messages on the CANbus at set intervals.
This adapter comes in different configurations whereas the first CAN channel is for high-speed CAN, with the second CAN channel providing a second high-speed connection (part# KV-00159-6). Alternatively the second CAN channel can be a low-speed CAN interface (part# KV-00174-9
), or a single-wire CAN port (part# KV-00231-9
- The Kvaser USBcan II provides a dual channel CAN bus interface through a standard USB interface.
- The USBcan II can be ordered with two high-speed channels, with one high-speed and one low-speed or with one-high speed and one single-wire CAN.
- Kvaser USBcan II is a fl exible way of communicate with the CAN bus through a desktop PC or laptop.
- The USBcan II device is a USB 1.1 device. It also works with USB 2.0 in full-speed mode, i.e. 12 Mbit/s.
- It contains the powerful M16C microcontroller from Mitsubishi with two built-in CAN controllers.
- It handles CAN messages with 11 bit (CAN 2.0A) as well as 29 bit (CAN 2.0B) identifiers.
- Remote frames can be sent and received without restrictions.
- USBcan II can detect and generate error frames on the CAN bus.
|Error frame generation
|Error frame detection
|On board buffer
|Maximum message rate, send
|Maximum message rate, receive
||50x90x25 mm (2.0x3.5x1.0in.)
Kvaser USBcan II HS/HS Datasheet
Kvaser DIADEM driver (Version 1.0.0)
This free driver for National Instrument's DIAdem supports all CAN hardware from Kvaser.
Kvaser Drivers for Windows
Windows drivers for all our CAN hardware. Please check release notes for information on which Windows versions are supported. It also contain a driver for the virtual CAN bus.
Kvaser USBcanII Firmware (V3.7.115)
Firmware update for USBcan II (plastic housing).
Development Kits and Tools
Driver removal program. This program will remove the CAN driver (version 3.9 or older) from your computer. This program will not work with driver 4.0 or later. Use it only if you need to remove an old version of the driver from your computer.
Kvaser CANlib SDK
Software development kit - everything you need to develop software for the Kvaser CAN and LIN interfaces. Link libraries, header files, sample programs, Microsoft Visual Basic and Borland Delphi components, documentation, and more.
Note: you need to download and install the appropriate device drivers separately.
Kvaser LabView VI Library for CAN
Library for National Instrument's LabView version for all Kvaser CAN hardware.
Kvaser LINUX Driver and SDK
Linux driver and SDK for Kvaser PCIcan/PCIcanx, Kvaser PCIcanII, Kvaser PC104+, Kvaser PCIcanx II, Kvaser USBcan II, Kvaser Memorator*, Kvaser Leaf family, Kvaser Memorator Pro**, Kvaser USBcan Pro and VirtualCAN. Remove old drivers (Version V3.9c)
Driver removal program. This program will remove the CAN driver (version 3.2 or older) from your computer. This is a version intended for those who have installed CANLIB 3.2 or older. Use it only if you need to remove an old version of the driver from you
Kvaser CANKing (Version V5.3.889)
A free of charge, general-purpose CAN bus monitor. Works with all CAN interfaces from Kvaser. Windows 2000 or later is recommended but Windows 98 should also work.